This Page

has been moved to new address

B.E.T'S BE SUCCESSFUL WEEK

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: B.E.T'S BE SUCCESSFUL WEEK

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

B.E.T'S BE SUCCESSFUL WEEK

BET has finally took a step closer to my good side by showing something of actual substance! I kid you NOT! As a part of Be Successful week, the network aired a documentary entitled Get Schooled right after its highly popular show 106 and Park. Coincidence? Not so much of course seeing as though the 106 audience consist of young impressionable minds that range from middle to high school. So anyway the 30-minute special focused on President Obama's speechwriter Sara Hurwitz, Kelly Clarkston's music director Jason Halbert, and Lebron Jame's marketing exec. Latesha Williams. All 3 have managed to obtain dream jobs through hard work, smart decisions, and most importantly EDUCATION! I personally liked this special because it showcased young people who achieved real success, but it was not displayed in a cheesy way at all. Frankly, I would love to see this become a weekly show that continues to air right after 106 and Park. It only seems right to reinforce education after we show videos filled with booty shakin, money throwin.... you get my drift. Until that miracle happens , hopefully they will manage to re-run this doc as much as they did the '09 BET awards, so you will be able to check it out for yourself.

"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

2 Comments:

  • At September 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yea I saw a little of the documentary and I agree BET should stick with shows like that because the rest of the stuff that comes on that channel is really a waste!!!

     
  • At September 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I second that motion. BET has really fallen off with the substance that they air. They could really reach out to alot of young minds, and send out a positive message, if they put a little more thought into these shows.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home