This Page

has been moved to new address

ELIE SAAB v. VALENTINO

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: ELIE SAAB v. VALENTINO

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Monday, October 12, 2009

ELIE SAAB v. VALENTINO



Paris Fashion week may have dismantled their runways last Thursday, but I'm still in Europe in my mind! So, that will definitely not stop me from talking about two of my favorite s/s '10 collections that were debuted: Elie Saab and Valentino! The two collections were very cocktail hour attire with a splash of evening wear!

ELIE SAAB S/S '10



























































Elie Saab is usually celebrities "go-to designer", especially for award seasons. He definitely did not disappoint his usual client, but he did take on a noticeably new edge most seen in the Balmain inspired jackets! I'm telling you, Christophe is influencing everyone with his grunge style(Remember he's Balmain's creative director... keep up class lol) Anyways, I loved this collection as a whole the outfits paired with the embellished jackets, the black need length dresses, & the metallic pieces were my fav! I also loved the hair twist pulled back away from the face! Very cute & sleek! Scroll through for each individual look & check out the preview from the show so you can see how each piece moved on the runway! If I was one of the June Ambrose's of the world (She's a stylist btw... come on guys really lol) I would definitely be pulling quite a few pieces for my clients. Take a look for yourself!




VALENTINO S/S '10




































Unlike Saab, Valentino took a softer approach! I adored Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli's twist on the usual cocktail attire! The use of shorts and pants were clever. They incorporated the sheer trend which made it very modern & added to the somewhat casual chic look! Those ended up being my favorite pieces! They, also, had cute dresses that stuck to the signature almost floral like design that is associated with Valentino. Those pieces flowed really well on the runway! Besides anyone who uses floral is a designer after my own heart! Check it out for yourself!




"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home