This Page

has been moved to new address

SEQUIN'd FEVER!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: SEQUIN'd FEVER!

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SEQUIN'd FEVER!

This season if you want to add a little umph to your usual casual wardrobe you have to accessorize with SEQUINS! & I DEMAND that everyone have this trend in their closet! Now you can't go overboard! The wrong style or metallic color can determine whether you're going to look chic or like someone whose been rummaging through their granny's vintage goodies! It'll give off that solid gold dancer affect which is NEVER a good look! Anyways, there are so many fashion choices out there that are filled with sequins, but I just thought I would show you some of my favorite pieces.

Like it or not...... here we go!




1st, how about we try the sequin'd hat just to get your feet wet! You can find these any and everywhere. The key thing to remember is to make sure to get the beenie with the VERY SMALL sequins NOT the large ones! I don't feel like I should have to explain why!??



Then there's always the sequined vest! Again, just a taste of the sequin trend. Still not going too overboard. It can be thrown over any plain tee just to wake up your fit a little. It's very cute!



Next we have the sequined tank! If we're taking baby steps we can start with a tank that just has the sequins on the front with a basic razor back like the Gryphron design pictured above. If you're going out I would put it on with liquid leggings

.....OR




We can go with this print version by Ashish. This one is actually my favorite of the two. It's a lot more fun! As always, you can put a blazer over it to play down all the sass & just have that peek-a-boo affect.



A pair of sequined tights are also really hott right now! Ms. Alicia Keys gave them new life when she paired it with a simple black top & hot electric blue sky high pumps for the VMA's! I like these all black Alice & Oliva tights with the embelished sequined panels! Tiny of the duo Tiny & Toya recently wore these to the BET Hip Hop Awards. Same affect but a little more toned down!

HOWEVER




If you are just that ambitious and really want to go sequin curazzzzzy, my suggestion would be these almost sweat pant like sequined harems! I know I know they are very disco-esque but before you start goin in I stand behind these suckers 100% & I love them all the same lol. I spotted these on my fav site net-a-porter & just thought they were soooo cute! I would style it just like they did by pairing them with the plain white tank & pumps. Obviously, this is not your wear it to school fit duh people lol but on a night out, I would definitely rock these! For some reason, the whole look just works for me!

Moving Right Along........



Last but not least, here you have the sequined version of the tailored blazer! I'm telling you sequins are all over the place! Anyways, this type of jacket is not hard to come by these days, but finding the right fit is always the problem. I really like this one by Aje. It has more of a feminine appeal rather than the usual oversized boyfriend look. This helps since its already a bedazzler.... big AND bedazzled is just pushing it... @ least for me. To tone it done I would pair it with skinny jeans, but hey jeans is always the foundation to most things I put on. You can also put it on with a cute dress. It's really versatile believe it not!

"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home