This Page

has been moved to new address

The New Rules: Winter White

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: The New Rules: Winter White

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Friday, August 26, 2011

The New Rules: Winter White

Hullo lovelies! I was gone for a minute but now I'm BACK WIT DA JUMPOFF (Funky Dineva voice- check him/her out on Youtube!) I wanna start off by saying: I. LOVE. ROBYN. RIHANNA. FENTY. If there was anyone on the planet who's shoes I'd love to walk in for a day, it would be hers. Recently Ms. Fenty-if-ya-nasty was spotted in Portofino, Italy, eating gelato by the dozen (liter? idk...) and wearing thee cutest YSL jumpsuit!

Which got me to thinkin', and Internet shopping, and wondering: with Labor Day right around the corner, how sensible would it be for me to do a "Look for Less" with this particular outfit? I found a couple of options at my favorite e-shopping site, www.asos.com,  and decided to Google/Wikipedia search "rule of winter white". Good news! There are no rules (almost)! Stylelist asked some of the top names in fashion and fashion merchandising about the new rules for winter white. Its a lengthy article, so I'll summarize:


DO:
- invest in white pieces like a coat or sweater
DON'T
-do white pumps (eewww!) or purses (cream is okay, white looks like you followed an 80s hair band on the road. White Snake anyone?)


DO:
-Try (gasp!) head to toe white. With the right mix of fabrics, it can be ultra chic!
DON'T:
-Do shiny fabrics or white hosiery of any kind. It will make you look fat. No, not P(retty) H(ot) A(nd) T(empting), but FAT.

So what do you all think, winter white, is it a go? Personally, I loved the jumpsuit idea so much I'm taking it on my Caribbean vacation! I'll be sure to post pics of my style choices while abroad!







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home