This Page

has been moved to new address

"DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: "DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT"

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

"DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT"

So I was in Macy's and noticed that they were showcasing a new designer by the name of Rachel Roy. The pieces were very funky. Lots of bold prints, studs, furs! It gave me a very "New York" feel. I went home and googled Ms. Roy and found out that I knew who she was AND she's not such a new designer. As the ex wife of former Rock-A-Fella records' mogul Damon Dash, Rachel has been designing clothes that retail in the higher-end department stores (Saks, Neimans, you know) for a while now. Even Michell Obama has been photo'd in her cuaf designs! In all honesty the affordable line, "Rachel RACHEL Roy"- which exclusively retails at Macy's, is not that bad. I first had to get over not comparing it to that god awful urban apparel her husband produced, but its fun and I would wear quite a few pieces to incorporate in my wardrobe now. On the other hand, I REALLY heart her more high end pieces!!! Go figure right? lol But you can really see the difference. They are more sophisticated, fit the body well, and the overall style looks effortless which is always my main goal. So, check out a few pieces from the "Rachel Roy" 2010 Resort collection.



This distressed leather wrap jacket actually comes from her Fall collection available now on her website. I would pair this jacket with great jeans and the new chic YSL "Y Not" blue suede pumps!



"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home