This Page

has been moved to new address

PROJECT RUNWAY SEASON 6 FINALE' RECAP!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: PROJECT RUNWAY SEASON 6 FINALE' RECAP!

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Monday, November 23, 2009

PROJECT RUNWAY SEASON 6 FINALE' RECAP!

So, you probably have realized that a certain show was completely absent as a post for IDEAL!

PROJECT RUNWAY!!!

I'm telling you it used to be my favorite show!!! & everyone else's for that matter! I mean what other sitcom can produce a Christian Siriano? This is probably one of the few contest based shows where I actually remember most of the contestants (Kira San, Jeff, Santino, Ulee, Michael Knight..... I could go on & on). However, ever since Lifetime stole the reality series from Bravo, it has been-in the words of Capricorn- an EPIC FAIL! How can just switching a network bring such a gem like Project Runway all the way down? Hell, I don't know! lol But after making us wait for what seemed like centuries for a new season while the networks battled it out, the end results of all that fighting really pissed me off!





Besides making a dress out of newspapers, there was no creativity!!! Where was the full corset dress made out of licorice, or the awesome architecture from a coat made out of seat belts? & Why didn't they have to make an avant garde piece this season? Or did they? Hell I don't know! Half the time I would forget to even watch & if I did I would end up turning. And whose idea was that god awful post model show? & Since when did Lindsay Lohan and Christina Aguilera become style icons??? & Where the hell was Nina Garcia & Michael Kors? They were only featured on about 2 episodes! Could they not stand what we had to watch either....I mean really imagine having to actually be there to witness that snoozer!

So many unanswered questions! However, I'm sure if I asked Tim Gunn, he would gladly give me the real lowdown especially after that little hissy he threw during the finale' lol


.........FINALLY the finale' came to the much needed relief of us all & here are my verdicts. I actually had to re watch because I couldn't remember who was who and what collection went with each designer.....

TRY TO STAY AWAKE...HERE WE GO!!!




Carol Hannah..So after I watched this snippet of the show 2 times I finally have my critique. I think the judges were absolutely right when they told her there was no cohesiveness! The first 2 looks and the dress with the silver fitted top and fluffy bottom were standouts. Other than that the separates were lackluster & the outfit with the silver flowy top and skinny pant reminded of pieces from the Macy's INC brand! That's all I have for Carol....oh and I kind of liked the gold gown towards the end. Still her collection was all over the place...it needed focus!




Althea! You know I kind of like her style. She made that one outfit during an episode. It was kind of like a suit that had shorts...very clean. But it seemed like once she won the challenge for that fit, she was just a one noter the rest of the way through. Which was evident in this collection. It just seemed to play off of that same outfit. & I'll say it...I think she was very inspired by Irina's oversized knits. Anyways, again I agree with the judges her collection included a lot of great separates that I could easily see in department stores today. It was very NOW! With the leather, tailored jackets...you know that 80's vibe. My fave was actually the tan satin pants with the jacket.Flowed really good. Not bad at all, but not a total wow factor on the runway..Cute just not WOW! & again lacked cohesion! Although she pulled it in a little tighter than Carol Hannah...




Irina was actually my fave of all! After watching her show it was very apparent that she deserved to win! I liked a lot of the clothing & would actually want to wear it. However, her theme of a New Yorker didn't really gel for me except with the Tshirts. & I've seen those helmant hats in another major designer's collection. Actually that whole collection seemed to channel someone else's. I just can't put my hands on it, but you know as soon as I find the resemblance I will let you know. & I also thought it was funny that Nina kind of scolded Irina for having an all black collection. She did the same thing to Christian. I was like "Nina what's with all the hating for the blacks?"(raised eyebrow) lol BUT she explained that black doesn't photograph well in editorials....."Ohhhhhh okay Nina, thnx for the advice but I've already done my collection now" lol.

All in all, if you watched the finale' you really could have done without watching the entire season. It really captured the essence of all of the episodes for season 6. Boring, not memorable, uninspiring....Hopefully season 7 will get back some of the creativity from Bravo when it premieres in January! & speaking of Bravo...Hopefully they will find a better replacement for their original brainchild. I mean really "The Fashion Show", "Launch My Line", God help us all! lol


"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home