This Page

has been moved to new address

GLAMOUR MAG'S WOMAN OF THE YEAR AWARDS!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: GLAMOUR MAG'S WOMAN OF THE YEAR AWARDS!

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Monday, November 9, 2009

GLAMOUR MAG'S WOMAN OF THE YEAR AWARDS!



So Geezus, when I tell you some of these other sites stay on it....I do mean THEY STAY ON IT! Not even 20 minutes after I posted the Alexa Chung interview below, I was browsing the web and justjared.com AND Rihannadaily.com already had flix of Rihanna at Monday night's award ceremony for Glamour Mag's Woman of the Year 2009! Of course Rihanna was one of the honorees! (Remember I posted her cover along with Michelle Obama's) I was almost tempted to just combine both of my posts for Rhi Rhi, but I'm sure I'll find more photo's of the other guests in attendance tomorrow. So, stay tuned for updates......





Anyways, here's the ultimate fashion beast photo'd on the red carpet wearing a Stephane Rolland gown. It gave me a very haute couture feel, that only she could pull off. Sorry, I couldn't knock it guys! You know I'm just all for happy Rhi Rhi now! I mean she's in the color white for christ sakes!& its something about that pocket that I like... Besides she's just such a beautiful girl & she's been through so much! It's hard to remember that she's only 21!
Congratulations Chic! lol









I knew more photos were going to be in the news today...So, I have updated the post as promised. Here we go lets check em out!


Actress Kerri Washington was also in attendance. She wore a Fendi gown that every other site gushed over! Eh.... she looks beautiful as always, but the dress does nothing for her shape! It must have been one of those "had to have seen it in person" looks. But i still adore you Kerri, none the less!

Honoree and designer extraordinaire: Stella Mc Cartney! Don't you just love it when you can put a face to some of your favorite brands! Anyways, she was surprised at the ceremony by all of the Beatles' wives who presented her award! Even Yoko Ono was there! Why you ask? Stella McCartney/ Paul McCartney. He's a Beatle....Come on guys lol Anyways, how awesome is that! Besides, even if she didn't do anything else, making those pierced thigh high boots should have been enough to receive the title for Woman of the Year!

Serena, was also among the honorees for last night's ceremony. She looked pretty in a Pamela Rolland one shouldered red gown and the bangs & new do are growing on me! Work Serena!

Iman! Goodness lady! It's crazy how amazing she looks at 54! & Even in the frock designed by Jason Wu decked out in feathers, she still looked age appropriate. She should be an inspiration to us all! KUDOS!

My twin in my mind! Do I even have to tell you who this is? I thought Tyra looked great in this strong shouldered dress with matching Christian Louboutin pumps!

Hey June! Your post is coming soon.....I PROMISE! I'm not really feeling the mini dress, BUT doesn't she look cute in her sky high Fendi pumps! AND her hair is always laid! Love me some June!

O Precious a.k.a. Gabby! I just wish someone would help her with the styling. Her wardrobe just pisses me off! Either they have her in an all purple kimono that is so shapeless or a red gown that is shapeless! This dress is uh....better, but it still feels like they don't quite know what to do with her.... & it just really irks me because I can see her having much better styling than what they showcase!

Zoe Kravitz. If you don't know she's the daughter of rocker Lenny Kravitz-who I hear does a stellar performance in the film Precious- Anyways, back to Zoe. When she's on, she's on. When she's not....It just looks like she could have put forth a little more effort on this red carpet.

Model, Liya Kibede. I have to be honest and say that I didn't know exactly who she was until this post. HOWEVR, she looked cute in her black overcoat as a dress and besides anytime I see someone with lil legs like me...I'm a fan! lol


MOVING RIGHT ALONG......

This girl puts the nut in NUTCASE! I mean that in a good way! Have you seen "Baby Mama"? HILarious! Comedian, Amy Poehler was honored at last night's ceremony as well.

Last, but not least, Maya Angelou was also among the honorees. Damn ol' Maya still kicking aint she lol I mean how old is she? Her and Cicily Tyson....I tell ya they just keep on keepin on. lol j/k I love both of them! Anyways, Bill Clinton actually presented her award last night! How awesome is that? Everybody and they mama was in the building and I missed it (sad face) That's okay I'll see you all next year! (Fingers crossed)

"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

4 Comments:

  • At November 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    1. Rihanna, Tyra, Kerri, Iman, and Liya all look fab!!!
    2. Zoe looks a Ham but i've never seen her wear anything that I like.
    3. I don't like Serena's look...I dunno maybe cuz she's so muscular it just looks like a man in a dress!!!
    4. June looks just ok its not good and its not bad!
    5. And last but not least Gabby needs to fire her stylist I mean I know she's a bit on the heavy side but I have seen lots of heavy girls that dress really nice!!! Its like either they drown her in a bunch of fabric or the give her these grandma dresses!!!

     
  • At November 10, 2009 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You know what taking a second look Kerri's dress ur right it doesnt do anything for her shape it looks a little matronly as in the word of Micheal Kors!lol

     
  • At November 14, 2009 at 3:24 AM , Anonymous DanaDane said...

    HOW did you NOT know about Liya Kebede?! Before Chanel Iman, Jourdan Dunn, and Sessilee Lopez got big, she was THE black model on the runways (besides my bitch Naomi!) She's the black "face" of Lancome and Ralph Lauren, and she's had 3 VOGUE covers in 4 years!

     
  • At November 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    I'm sorry Dana Dane! I have to admit theres alot I don't know, but that's why this site is so great becuz I get to learn for myself & expose fabulousness to every1 else :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home