This Page

has been moved to new address

MET GALA '10! "AMERICAN WOMAN: FASHIONING IDENTITY"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: MET GALA '10! "AMERICAN WOMAN: FASHIONING IDENTITY"

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Monday, May 3, 2010

MET GALA '10! "AMERICAN WOMAN: FASHIONING IDENTITY"



Every celebrity, designer, & fashionista you can think of came out tonight for the long awaited MET Costume Gala!- including my my boo Pharrell. I had to post this pic of him because I am so glad he got rid of that awful mustache he had been rocking & is back to his usual cute self! Anyways, this is one 1 of fashion's biggest night out & if I ever got the chance I would love to go! Not even to hit the red carpet, just to see the action in person! .....One day....Until then


CHECK OUT SOME OF MY RED CARPET HIGHLIGHTS BELOW!




SIMPLE & SLEEK!


Diane Kruger & Zoe Saldana were the muse for Calvin Klein! I loved that they're looks were less over the top sleek & more polished & sophisticated! The hair pulled away from the face (you already know that gave them an advantage in my book) especially Diane's hair! It was really beautiful! Minimal makeup- Their looks were refreshing!

HIGH SPLITS!

Actresses Kerry Washington & Kate Hudson both showed off their great legs! While, I liked Kerry Washington's pop of red. Overall, I was a little disappointed tho as I expected a bit more. I think maybe its the hair & makeup that's throwing me off. Although, her legs are KILLER! Kate Hudson also rocked the high split! Her dress was okay, didn't blow me away BUT I really loved her hair! I've been wearing my hair similar to this with the french braid across the front. I think it looks very whimsical & cute!

GLAM GODDESSES!

Sara Jessica Parker wore designer Halston. I didn't like the hair accessory, but I couldn't hate it because I'm a bit biased since Sex & the City is about to come out...Besides its CARRIE FOR CHRIST SAKE! I'd probably feel underwhelmed if she didn't have the hair piece! The Ultimate Diva Jennifer Lopez looked amazing as usual wearing a coutoure gown from their Zuhair Murad fall '10 collection. I expect drama & pure excellence from her & she brings it every time!



MARCHESA!

I am a HUGE fan of Marchesa & Gossip Girl Blake Lively is the ultimate muse for the designer- A PERFECT FIT! The girl has legs 4 days & she looked fantastic wearing a piece from their Fall 2010 line paired with Christian Louboutins! While I wasn't a fan of actress Joy Bryant's Marchesa gown, I did like her overall look. She glowed! You could tell she felt good. & isn't that all the really matters?

EDGY CHICS!


M.I.A. & Zoe Kravitz were the muse for designer Alexander Wang!- this pair only seems fitting! I'm usualy so distracted by what these chics wear that I failed to notice how unbelievably STUNNING they are! I almost didn't even recognize Zoe! She looked like a grown woman! & I liked her look paired with the clutch, lace glove, & red lip. She's really starting to come into her own!


Oprah Winfrey came with designer Oscar De La Renta. The deep blue really suits her! I thought she looked fabulous!



Chanel Iman in designer Michael Kors! Believe it not, I actually didn't hate this metallic jumpsuit! It gave me a very supermodel Studio 54 back in the 70's vibe.


Nicole Richie wore a metallic Marc Jacobs gown. Not a total surprise since this is a signature look for her. She still looked great none the less rocking her brown tresses & bangs!




Eva Mendez wore Dolce & Gabanna! This chic could wear a paper sak & still look amazing! She's just that hott!


I LOVED actress, Kate Bosworth in Valentino Cotoure! I can't put my finger on it, but her look overall was impeccable. She just carried herself with such class! She was actually 1 of my favorites of the night....



Anne Hathaway is in 1 of my favorite movies EVER (Devil Wears Prada) !- so she automatically gets a standing O from me! I loved her gown! She looked heavenly from head to toe. but for some reason I get more of an Oscar's look than the MET gala! Not that it makes a difference. I just see this more suited for award season....

OLD HOLLYWOOD GLAM!

Jessica Alba looked beautiful wearing a Sophie Theallet gown.I loved the the 1 shoulder off drape of the dress & the taupe really complimented her skintone. The look was complete with minimal jewels & drop earrings. Ideal Icon, Iman wore a silk black gown by Prada! I don't even have to type the rest because you guys already what I'm about to say! TOTAL KNOCKOUT! Both of the ladies looks were classic & they looked gorgeous!


Camilla Belle was the muse for designer Jason Wu pictured to her right. She looked sophisticated beyond her years in this 1 shoulder'd red gown & I mean that in the best way possible! Can you believe she's only 23? WOW! Only thing is I really wish she didn't have that whte trim along the breast line of her dress, it makes it look like her dress is falling down & her bra is accidently showing....



"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

6 Comments:

  • At May 4, 2010 at 9:03 AM , Anonymous Tasha said...

    1. That damn Zoe S. always looks stunning on the red carpet!
    2. Iman, Oprah, JLo, Zoe K, Jessica, Diane, Kate B, Blake, Nicole, and Ann all looked gorgeous
    3. I kinda liked Chanel Iman's look its kinda cute on her I would'nt dare try 2 pull something like that off!
    4. I don't like Joy, Kate H, Kerry, M.I.A, that much kerry's choice of hair and makeup made this look fail.
    5. On second look I do like Kate Hudson she looked really simple and elegant.
    6. Sarah Jessica Parker the dress is ok but that head piece definitely has to go! It looks like the piece that she wore when she was about to marry Mr. Big in the SITC movie
    7. And Camilla Belle is pretty her dress is cute but is she really 23? She looks alot older that that 2 me

     
  • At May 4, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Tasha said...

    You know who else looked really pretty Cassie I just wish she would stop with that hair!

     
  • At May 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    NOW I HAVE 2 STOP YOU THERE! Cassie looked a total ham. I meant to include her that hair & heavy makeup was just a total no! Diddy need 2 check her, Jlo would never look like that. lol

     
  • At May 4, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    On the other hand I just saw a pic of her in a gold dress for the afterparty & she looked great!

     
  • At May 4, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Tasha said...

    Yea thats the dress I saw her in what outfit are you talking abvout?

     
  • At May 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    She wore a blue Versace' gown to the actual Met Gala! & as much as I wanted to love it her hair plus that hardcore makeup kind of cheapen'd the overall look....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home