This Page

has been moved to new address

THE SKINNY GIRL V. THE THICK CHICK!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: THE SKINNY GIRL V. THE THICK CHICK!

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

THE SKINNY GIRL V. THE THICK CHICK!


A few days ago pictures hit the net of 1 of my favorite Idealist Zoe Saldana covering the August issue of British GQ! Of course I thought she looked so freakin HOTTT!!!

BUT....

When I read some of the user's comments under her posts amongst the popular black blogs, I was really bothered by all the mean things people were saying regarding how skinny she looked:

"there is nothing sexy happening in these pics…the cover shot looks like she is fainting from hunger."

"I mean all she needs is like 20 pounds an she'll look normal"

Now I love Zoe as an actress & I'm always posting on her because I can relate to her as far as body image. & it REALLY PISSED ME OFF how people were just being so negative about her weight!!!


Sure it's no secret that the black community worships women with curves & if you are dare I say it - a black chic with NO curves....meaning NO FAT ASS! NO WIDE HIPS! NO THICK THIGHS, then something is terribly wrong!! & THAT OFFENDS ME!

Now don't get me wrong I think women with curves are totally undeniably HOTT! i.e. Amber Rose, Kim K., Lisa Raye, HOWEVER not every woman specifically a black woman is necessarily built like that. i.e. black women like myself as well as Zoe are naturally thin. I have been all my life & I know for a fact that will not change anytime soon. HELL its genetics! Something beyond my control! I will never have a D cup or a fat ass & hips unless I buy the silicones & inject it!


My point is just as much as it would hurt someone's feelings to call them fat, it hurts someone when you insinuate that they are too skinny. Being body conscious is a major insecurity amongst ALL women & I think the media does enough of creating standards based on how we ought to look that we shouldn't be tearing each other down especially amongst our peers in our own communities.

I believe ALL women are INDIVIDUAL BEAUTIES & should be treated as such!!!

Well that's enough of my venting....Idealists what are some of your body image insecurities/ issues??? DIALOGUE......DISCUSS!


"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

2 Comments:

  • At July 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Tasha said...

    I thought the pictures were Amazing but I think Zoe always looks great. Now on the subject at hand I think that your right hell I guess im what is considered as a thick chick or maybe im considered chubby im not quite sure but whatever it is I don't like it. Sometimes I just don't like the way my clothes fit...I also think that my ankles might be to skinny for my legs its kinda weird.lol But I ben tryin to lose weight for so long but I just can't seem to stick to diet!lol... Then there are some days that im okay with my weight and i like the way my clothes fit me. But i dunno theres always gonna be sumbody that has a problem with the way you look no matter what you do so I guess you just have to come to a place that you are happy with yourself no matter what others say! And thats all I have to say about that!!!!

     
  • At July 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    Yea I have been battling weight issues for a while. & I know I'm not the only 1! That's y I thought I would shed some light on it See what others had to say.....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home