This Page

has been moved to new address

HAIR TREND ALERT!: Going Au Naturale!! IS IT IDEAL?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: HAIR TREND ALERT!: Going Au Naturale!! IS IT IDEAL?

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HAIR TREND ALERT!: Going Au Naturale!! IS IT IDEAL?

"GIRL I'M GOING NATURAL! "
actress Pam Grier!
Lord only knows how many times I have heard this lately! Everyone's going NATURAL! But these days it doesn't necessarily mean people are rockin a Foxy Brown 'fro!


Now chics usually refer to being natural as not using perms or other chemical based straighteners that severely damage the hair. Instead they are embracing their natural hair pattern & wearing their locs curly, wavy, or in some cases getting it pressed every now & again like my girl June!

Remember back in 2009 Chris Rock's documentary entitled Good Hair exposed how perms, relaxers, & other chemical straighteners can be bad for your hair. However, it wasn't until more recently that EVERYONE has gotten into the idea of rebelling against the creamy crack!

Remember Keri Russell a.k.a Felcity? She has THEE best naturally curly hair!
Its become a MAJOR trend! ALL women from ALL different ethnicities have decided to try the alternative in order to obtain healthy hair. The IT thing to do has even crossed over to the mainstream media! I read an article recently in Allure magazine about it and I knew that the natural thing hit a whole 'nother level when Dr. Oz expressed his perm concerns during a segment on his show!

Remember poor Bianca from Top Model had to shave her hair? Ugh I cried for her!
However, despite its popularity, sometimes this transition is NOT easy! Its definitely a process! The beginning stages and hair management there after controlling frizz & worrying about humidity can be BRUTAL for some!  


For instance, since I've jumped on the bandwagon my hair is totally FREAKING OUT! Its become extremely dry and brittle and is starting to break off! & don't even get me started on the tedious task of finding a stylist to care for it that meets my expectations! I'm trying not to give in but my hair is reacting just like Pookie from New Jack City" The creamy crack just keep calling Me"!


But I'm staying STRONG!!!- @ least for now. I mean look at how happy Jordin is! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. The healthy hair & styling versatility might be worth the struggle. Besides, there are so many websites, forums, & transitional blogs where people have created a natural hair care community to help each other. This thing is SERIOUS! lol

CHECK OUT: Transitioning from Relaxer to Natural! It has great tips! Have any of you guys jumped on the all Naturale trend? If so, share your hair transition experience so far!

I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife

11 Comments:

  • At January 5, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lol @I'm trying not to give in but my hair is reacting just like Pookie from New Jack City" The creamy crack just keep calling Me"! Girl your crazy but yea this whole going natural thing is very serious its like your part of some kinda society with your own mentors and everything. I just started and my hair is doing some of the same things but im about to cut some of the permed hair off and get me a sewin. But im using this Ovation Hair system to help with growth and to stop breakage and it has really great reviews from ppl of all ethnicities and it is used on cancer patients to help their hair grow so try that. HEALTHY HAIR FOR 2011!!!Let's Go!

     
  • At January 5, 2011 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous Tasha said...

    That's my comment above this I put anonymous by mistake.lol

     
  • At January 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thx 4 ur comment tash! Yea ths natural transition def tks sum getting used to, bt im gna try tht hair care system & get my hair trimmed lk you! Hopefully it will all work out in the end!

     
  • At January 5, 2011 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Dana Dane said...

    Your hair is crying out for help, D! Start taking biotin supplements, drink NOTHING BUT WATER, and wash once a week. Keep your stress levels down, and stop lettin random hands in ya head, it's bad luck girl! Natural shouldn't be a "trend" IMO, it should just...be. But it takes some getting used to, especially when the "white is right" trash is constantly shoved down your throat! Im gonna start doing the round brush thing myself...

     
  • At January 5, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    Girl my hair is def crying & im abt 2 start crying 2! lol But I do need to do btr w/ drinking water. Thnx for the tips! Are you talking about the brazilian blow out when you say round brush?

     
  • At January 7, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Dana Dane said...

    No, the Brazilian blowout uses chemicals, round brushing is just what the Dominicans do, brush out the curl with heat.

     
  • At January 7, 2011 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    Oh okay yea i've heard about that, but i also heard the heat is so strong if you don't have thick hair & alot of it your hair will eventually burn right on off. i'm tryna keep the 3 strands i have as long as i can. It may work for some, but i just know my hair is too thin & fragile for it.

     
  • At January 13, 2011 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At January 13, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    Yea guys I've seen kristen hair & its always so pretty, so I'm gonna hang in there!

     
  • At January 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

    Going natural is a process, I have been for 6 or 7 yrs, and I must say that I almost gave in….almost became a CRACKhead…..Creamy that is lol. But newho I am a true testament that natural has both strengthened and made my hair look healthier than EVER. Now with that I do want everyone who is going natural to understand your press may not be as silky as some, you texture may be more coarse, and that’s ok. Just embrace it and try different styles.

     
  • At August 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous CeCe Marie said...

    Thanks. I just made the decision to be Au Naturale and I must say, Im sooo excited!! Its only been 3 months but Im gonna make it work!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home