This Page

has been moved to new address

FASHION WEEK OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: FASHION WEEK OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Friday, February 19, 2010

FASHION WEEK OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So New York Fashion Week ended yesterday and I wanted to recap most of my favorite shows! I'll be updating ALOT & this will probably take up quite a few posts so bare with me- I apologize in advance! Anyways, I won't waste nemore of your time with my mumbling so let's go!!!

MONIQUE LHUILLIER FALL '10
This was one of my favorite dresses 4 Fashion Week! I've really been feeling the short mini with the full feather bottom- so once I saw this I was completely SOLD on the rest of Monique Lhullier's collection without even seeing the rest of it. But just for kicks we'll go through it anyways. The designer, whose usually known for her bridal gowns, stepped outside of the box with red carpet standouts! Her vision was Asian inspired & I thought she did a fantastic job of showing her inspiration without it looking too cheesy or cliche'. If I were a stylist I would def be putting my clients in this collection! Starting with this 2 my left! It was beautiful-KUDOS!

You know I love to see how the pieces moved, so check out a snippet of the runway show below...




& here are a few extra looks from the collection that were my favorite!, but weren't really shown in the youtube clip above.... From the strong & bold jewelry to the tights... Again Beautifully done!




DIANE VON FURSTENBERG FALL '10
OH DIANE! She completely read my mind! Her collection kicked ass! It was fun, sexy, light, young & sophisticated -all things wrapped into a package of pure AWESOMENESS! Again, I could be biased because if you watch the clip below you'll c that she incorporated my new found g-spot which is the full textured bottom!!! Who knew that a designer would be able to find something that I'm still not even sure that I have! lmao! PLUS I've just really been into dresses lately esp. pairing a flowy almost spring-like material dress with an oversized jacket/long sweater! It's like my icing on the cake. My cousin said I look like a hippie but Diane did the same thing in this show! So apparently I'm doing somethin right & my cousin is just being a hater lol The contrast is modern & just super cute... I was completely sold on this collection as a whole. I wanted to wear it ALL! Check it out for yourself!



I also loved the color palette because it was a mix btwn spring colors that added a little 'pop' but it still looked like you were dressing for the season! I really loved Loved LOVED how rich the colors were! Again BEAUTIFUL!!! Kudos Diane!!

HELMUT LANG FALL '10


I already knew what to expect from this show which is not necessarily a bad thing bcuz they didn't disappoint!!!! I've always loved how they mix the different textures & materials (wool, leather, rabbit fur, etc.) in their jackets with the funnel necks especially the shearling vests! Uh ULTIMATE GASM! Pairing the signature pieces with their jeans (which were really cute this season btw) just gives you the 'kool girl' factor without trying too hard! The designers also played with digital images in their collection which I thought added a nice touch overall! I'M A FAN!





Denim jackets are back in btw......JUST THANKING THE HEAVENS THEY ARE NOT CROPPED! Ugh! To view the full collection click here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home