This Page

has been moved to new address

"DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: "DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT"

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT"


“I can’t forget when I used to buy all the knock offs, there is nothing wrong with it; really life is too short........I don’t know anyone now who, if you can afford a Stella McCartney couture jacket, who doesn’t have a pair of shoes that cost $20. That is how people dress now and you are allowed to do that. "
-Stella McCartney

I was shocked when I read this quote from designer extraordinaire, Stella McCartney! I wouldn't think that someone of her stature would even dare to say something so...REAL! Now we know that counterfeiting is wrong, but the fact that she understands that the market is just trying to keep up with a certain "lifestyle" so to speak, made me feel that she is down to earth. It made the "designer" more genuine to me. I love this blog so much because it introduces me to new things as well as new people! Of course, I already knew of Stella McCartney! I mean really, do you remember the HAUTE pierced thigh high boots I posted from her Fall 2009 collection? Her clothes kick so much ass, its ridiculous! I've actually posted about her a few times, but I wanted to get to know her a little more. That's why I decided to give her a well deserved designer spotlight!

At just age 13, Stella started designing clothes and became an intern for Christian Lacroix only 3 years later! After acting as creative director for other designers such as Chloe', she took a major leap in her career by joining forces with Gucci & starting up her own self titled line in 2001! & Stella has been outdoing herself every season-proving to all of her critics that she is making a name for herself in this industry purely based on talent & not simply using her father's fame as her crutch! She has created joint venture lines with Adidas, Gap, has her own skincare line, & has been recognized by Vogue & most recently Glamour magazine for her accomplishments. She's more than just a "Beatle's daughter"! Not only is she a true fashion designer who is extremely business savvy, but she's a wife, a great mother of 3, an environmentalist, animal activist, & she continues to expand her brand in order to create her own lasting legacy! Phenomenal woman-that's what I see! Keep it up Stella! I LOVE IT!

Check out Stella's ad Campaign for her Spring 2010 collection below!
Be sure to visit her site to view the entire collection full of florals, fabulous knits, & my new found love-power suits! & see if you can figure out which piece was my favorite! It shouldn't be hard...Hint: It's a dress!






"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home