This Page

has been moved to new address

Dionne Around Town: MY EXPERIENCE @ THE POSH SPOT!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: Dionne Around Town: MY EXPERIENCE @ THE POSH SPOT!

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dionne Around Town: MY EXPERIENCE @ THE POSH SPOT!


Anyone that knows me, knows that I LOVE trying new places whether it be places to eat, spas, boutiques, new cities, if I haven't been there I wana go & check it out! My biggest thing lately has been trying new nail salons & today I wanted Minx!!! very badly might I add! I had been googling & researching trying to find the perfect place because I am so picky. When I research, I look @ the fb page, twitter page, online reviews EVERYTHING! Which brought me to "The Posh Spot". The going rates for minx around town for the pedis have been between $65- $70 but the Posh Spot only charges $55! & Today they announced via twitter that they were having a special called "POWER HOURS" where all the nail services were 50% off between 12-2! PERFECT! I had wanted to try this salon out for a little while & I really wanted the minx so this killed two birds with 1 stone! & I save money!

ATMOSPHERE:

The Posh Spot lives up to its name as far as the decor & surroundings are concerned. Very sophisticated even down to the nail polish colors! All OPI! & nothing loud & bright! all pretty but very subtle colors. No Essie is displayed, but if you request it they'll bring some from the back. Its a nail salon & spa so the atmosphere fits accordingly. It's very nice but it's also extremely quiet. Like I said its a spa so I definitely wouldn't come with a bunch of girlfriends to chat & shoot the breeze. This is the kind of place that you come alone, read a book, & receive a relaxing service.



MY EXPERIENCE:

Customer Service:



The customer service was GREAT! which is something I look for whenever I try a new place. I was running late to my appointment & when I called to let the receptionist know she was very accomodating & pushed my appointment back so I would make it on time & still recieve the half off special. Now even though I'm always trying new places, I'm still always very nervous because I never know how it will turn out. I always expect the worst! However, when I arrived I was greeted warmly by the receptionist. She offered me a warm neck wrap & a glass of water which happened to calm me down. I didn't have to wait at all & was immediately brought to the pedicure station which sits on a very high platform with separate drain tubs. This is a trend the salons I have been visiting are doing now instead of the usual jet tub massage chairs which I hate- so unsanitary! Usually these platorms arent very comfortable, but The Posh Spot's were. So much so that I had to put my magazine down because I almost fell asleep!


THE ACTUAL SERVICE:
Now I'm going to be honest when I initally called, I WAS informed by the receptionist that the Minx did not last on the feet no more than a week. HOWEVER, I just assumed that she didn't know what she was talking about because she wasn't the actual nail tech. I had read ALOT about the minx & although the manicures don't last very long, the pedicures are suppose to last @ least 3 weeks! Once, I got there I was able to pick out a design pattern. There weren't millions of options but the pickings weren't slim either. I had narrowed it down to the regular leopard print & another cute hot pink leopard print design because it matched my nails. Once I was seated & talked to the nail tech she informed me that I couldn't get the Pink leopard because she didn't have enough for all my toes! Okay no big deal.I was still so excited about getting them! So I just went with the regular leopard. Unfortunately, the actual pedicure service was "eh" @ best. It started w/ the usual foot soak. She's filing my toes & so forth. I don't like aggressive nail techs, but i do like my feet clean & maticulously done. Put a little umph in it & I wasn't getting that from her. After only filing & shaping my nails she took my feet out & did the usual "oil" rub down.

STOP!!!!!!!

I asked her "Wait there's no scrubbing of the feet"?

"Not w/ this service", she says.

What??? I was so confused !


......Okay fine. I was a little annoyed by that because part of the reason I get pedicures is to clean my feet & soften the bottoms. But okay Posh does it a little different. I then asked her how long do the minx last to which she too replied only 3 to 4 days. & then she told me that the heat lamp to secure the minx can get hot & to let her know if & when it starts to get too hot! Well, this scared me! So I just asked her to stop & just paint my toes clear. She asked me if I wanted a callus remover since I had inquired about the bottom of my feet, but I declined. I was a little over the pedi by then. But she also offered to @ least buff my nails so they wouldn't be so plain to which I obliged.


VERDICT: I was really disappointed in my experience @ The Posh Spot especially since they had such good reviews online! I know I expect alot when I try new places, but I don't think I was asking for too much to @ least expect a foot scrub to be included in the minx pedicure especially if the regular price is $55! For what I received which was a foot soak, nail shape, file, & buff dubbed the "micro mani" the cost is $25! I only paid $12.50 because of the special. I had rushed & drove almost 40 min away from home just to check this place out. After all of that I felt like it was a total waste. I was actually a little upset........


CONCLUSION: VERY nice atmosphere & every last person that works there is extremely nice & professional. But to me The Posh Spot is overpriced for the services as far as nails are concerned. & don't get me wrong I have absolutely no problem paying, but only if I'm paying for the actual value of something otherwise I feel like I've been duped! I will not return to The Posh Spot, but I still haven't given up on the Minx pedicure! I find it hard to believe that they only last on the feet for 4 days. However, I have to note that "The Posh Spot" gives a regular water soak pedicure & other places offer the minx w/ a waterless pedicure so that could make the difference!


LAST THOUGHTS: As noted this place had great online reviews & they do offer additional spa services besides nails. This was just my Posh Spot experience, yours may be totally different. So if you've been to the Posh Spot please let me know what you think. I'd love to hear other's opinion! btw this is the 1st of many "Dionne Around Town" posts to come bringing you reviews of the best & not so great places that I visit around town.

As always love your feedback! xoxo



I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife

7 Comments:

  • At September 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM , Anonymous Dana Dane said...

    Awww damn, I was hoping that would work out for you...

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    Girl who u tellin? lol I did 2!

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Anonymous Tasha said...

    Aww that place was nice to look @ but it was too quiet I was afraid to breathe cuz I thought I was gonna get in trouble!lol...But im shocked they let you down on the minx pedi they seemed so high end they should know how to do a correct pedi I don't care what you gettin on your feet proper pedis are universal...and as for those minx I really want some but I refuse to pay $50 for sumthin that will only last a few days!!!! AND THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    well i havn't given up on the minx pedi! I FINALLY found Bradley from Sugarcoat on fb! thnx for the replies guys! U know i LOVE comments!

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM , Anonymous Dawn (The Posh Spot) said...

    Dionne- Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you were not pleased with your experience. MINX is a specialty product so the pedi process is a little different.

    Nevertheless, we pride ourselves in GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE (as you read in our reviews). We want our clients to be 100% pleased. With that said, please allow me to correct this. Please email me at dnuriddin@theposhspot.com at your convenience. Thank you and best of luck to you with your blog :-)

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    OMG Ms. Dawn u r so SUPER awesome! I LUV comments! u have no idea how much I appreciate every1's feedback! & to get a reply from the actual owner is truly amazing. Shows how much u care about your brand & your customers! Thank u so much for ur speedy reply!

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Tasha said...

    That was super nice of Ms. Dawn now thats good customer service! And for that I think I shall try The Posh Spot! Great Post

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home