This Page

has been moved to new address

& MY SOMEWHAT SORRY FOR 2010 GOES TO........

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I.D.E.A.L.: & MY SOMEWHAT SORRY FOR 2010 GOES TO........

I.D.E.A.L.

THEE PREMIERE BLOGAZINE FOR IDEALISTS WORLDWIDE!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

& MY SOMEWHAT SORRY FOR 2010 GOES TO........


DRIES VAN NOTEN!!!


During Paris Fashion Week back in October I placed Dries Van Noten's s/s'10 collection under my Ultimate Fashion Failure post: FASHION FAUX PAS!- totally disagreeing with all of the fashion sites & bashing the designer for mixing bold prints & sending it down the runway! To make it worse I placed the collection in the same category as Emanuel Ungaro's spring collection!- Now its bad enough to be under this post but to put the label in the company of a collection that made Lindsay Lohan creative director was just plain HARSH!




ESPECIALLY SINCE.......


My new favorite fashion trend for the spring is...you guessed it -PRINT ON PRINT! YEP! It's been popping up everywhere & I think it looks so cute together. I would love to be able to take the risk this spring to try it out! I can't believe I couldn't see what Dries saw back in the Fall, but hey I guess @ 22 I am still just as much a Fashion Rookie as 13 year old Tavi! Everyday that my blog grows, I grow and expand my fashion knowledge-which includes taste & style with it. I learned that Dries Van Noten is a style influencer & has been doing this whole print thing for a while! Sometimes he hits & sometimes he misses...However, this time he was on to something


SO I TAKE IT BACK.....kinda! I think some of the bulbs were still blown in your fashion house, but the lights were not COMPLETELY off in your head-creatively!
&


Although I am considering this trend as a whole, I still stand behind my original thoughts that I'm not a big fan of this particular collection. Just the idea of it! Be mindful that you have to be sensible when mixing & matching so you don't look like a complete fool!


So if you want to try out this PRINT on PRINT action: Here are a few tips via SHOPBOP.COM!


1. Play with Complimentary Graphic Prints



2. Pair prints with similar sensibilities for a pulled together look



3. Stay in the same color family



4. Do variations of a theme in NEUTRALS & add a bright bag for a splash of color



5. Try 2 tones of the same print



6. Try a subdubbed color for a sophisticated look



"I D.efine E.very A.spect of my L.ife"

2 Comments:

  • At March 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM , Anonymous DanaDane said...

    I agree dahlin'...Dries brought the trend to the spotlight, but not in the best way. The collection was weak compared to others in that "somewhat boho" field of fashion (e.g. Marni, Prada ready to wear, etc.) but print on print is awesome, I'm decorating my house with it in mind (somewhat tricky, but the end result is soooo "I live in Midtown Manhattan, but have the income of an East Sider")

     
  • At March 24, 2010 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Dionne said...

    Dana I swear we are 2 kindred spirits!lol The one other thing that I did take a liking in this particular collection is the idea of tribal print! Its also rly hott this season & another 1 of my favorite spring trends...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home